Monday, February 9, 2009

In leiu of Lava luau...


For the last few years my friend Kathy and I have been taking a huge group of friends up to party in Lava Hot Springs for our birthday. This year we were afraid people would not be able to make it due to our countries great economic situation. So we planned a luau at Kathy's house instead. Since our birthdays are 20 days apart we split the difference and put the party in between them both. We had a great time with decorations, karaoke, jello shots, and wonderful(as always)food. We learned the proper jello shot technique from Julie and Karen (no I am not kissing everyone in the slide show below). Our friend Ginnett had real Hawaiian leis flown in from Hawaii for us and made us these great cards with our pictures as hula girls. I love my framily (friends + family) and couldn't make it through a day without talking or e-mailing at least one of them. On my actual birthday I had dinner with Troy and Staci. Troy is such a sweetie and was the very first person to wish me a Happy Birthday (via e-mail). Thank you to everyone for making it such a special day and party.

2 comments:

Shea said...

Sounds like you had a great time! Happy belated birthday!

Oh, and I love your hair! Looks great :)

Ry and Xaine said...

What a great idea. Sure looks like you all had an Awesome time. Loved the cards, gave me the giggles...